PERMISSIONS & COPYRIGHT
Since 2008, my primary editorial experience has been securing literary permissions as well as researching images. This selected list of the projects include educational textbooks, trade publications, and specialty books:
- Fight to Learn: The Struggle to Go to School by Laura Scandiffio (Annick Press)
- Classroom to Community: A Century of Social Work in Toronto (centennial book and public exhibition) from the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
- The DK Handbook, 1st Canadian Edition by Wysocki et al. (Pearson Canada Inc.)
- Blood, Sweats and Tears by David Clayton-Thomas (Viking Press / Penguin)
- Sociocultural Anthropology: A Problem-based Approach, 3rd Canadian Edition by Robbins et al. (Nelson Education)
- Modern Advanced Accounting In Canada, 8th Canadian Edition by Hilton & Herauf (McGraw-Hill Education)
- Canada, A History, 3rd Canadian Edition by Conrad et al. (Pearson Canada Inc.)
EDITING, CONSULTING, & ASSESSMENT
The list below include just a few of the amazing projects I’ve worked on as an editor, writing consultant, and manuscript assessor. It was a joy working with these writers, editors, and organizations:
- Marguerite Nakhla: Legacy to Modern Egyptian Art from Dr. Helene Moussa and St Marks’ Coptic Museum
- Mediterranean Journey: A Young Woman’s Travels through 1970s Europe by Ann Eyerman
- Who’s Your Daddy? And Other Writings on Queer Parenting edited by Rachel Esptein (Sumach Press)
- The Summer Between by Andrew Binks
- A Crack in the Pavement by Georgie Binks
During my graduate studies, I volunteered as a first reader for regular submissions and contests for PRISM International, UBC’s literary magazine operated through the Creative Writing Program.
Early in my career, I gained invaluable experience as a reader and former Submissions Editor working alongside Edward Fenner (Publisher) during the initial revisioning efforts to revitalize York University’s literary magazine Existere: A Journal of Art & Literature.
To view a comprehensive list of past and current editorial projects, click here.
As artists, writers, and editors, we should always being mindful of the publication and ownership of our work and the works of others.
Go to Access Copyright for more details. Know your rights.
To take a closer look at my creative work, check out the Creative Work page for excerpts, and links.